Lloyds Manchester: Going for DBA Design Effectiveness Gold!
Hurrah! Our branch experience for Lloyds Bank’s Manchester flagship has won a DBA Design Effectiveness Award – it’s our third such prestigious award in as many years and we find out whether it’s bronze, silver, or gold on 12 June!
Widely recognised as the ‘Oscars’ design effectiveness – these awards are extremely rigorous, judged exclusively by top brand owners. They recognise that the very best design work is accountable, delivering both creatively and commercially.
Retail banks the world over are rethinking branch strategies in response to the rise of online banking, and we’ve thought of everything that a branch can offer, resulting in a totally new flagship concept for Lloyds Bank Manchester.
The results are testament to the flagship’s effectiveness for customers in terms of service levels, design, overall experience, and ultimately helping Manchester prosper. What’s even more remarkable is that this was accomplished with virtually no additional marketing support.
- Net Promoter Scores perform +24% better than comparable city centre branches within the Lloyds Bank estate.
- Net Promoter Scores for Lloyds Manchester grew by +18% YoY.
- Enquiry wait and counter wait reduction surpassed targets by a huge amount.
- Deposits at Immediate Deposit Machine went up significantly more than objective.
- Business Hub gains momentum with 60% more users than expected.
This branch is a trailblazer for the wider Lloyds Banking Group estate. Following the success of the coffee bar and events programme at Lloyds Manchester, the group is now incorporating similar ideas into other branches.
Some retail banking reading: